Saturday, July 2, 2011

HUBBY'S BIRTHDAY CARD

Tomorrow is Jer's 60th (WOW!!) birthday and here is the card I made.

On the kraft card stock base, I adhered a bit of plaid wallpaper (donated to me by a local wallpaper business). The Bingo card is from a S.U.! background stamp. The numerals I stamped in the grids have special meaning...

Jer was 15 years old when he first saw me riding the school bus and determined that he would, someday, marry me. (I was 13 years old.) He was 23 years old when we married; was 25 years old when he became a father for the first time -- and the "FREE" grid in the middle represents (to me) when he received the FREE gift of salvation through Jesus Christ, at 27 years of age.

The sentiment was stamped with PTI Vintage Cream ink on S.U.! Close To Cocoa card stock and punched with an ek label punch. The large PTI punched numerals reveal that he is now a man of 60 years! Doesn't seem possible.

1 comment:

  1. oh, deb, this is just so wonderful! i love the wallpaper idea--what a clever way to start a guy card! then, there are the meaningful numbers and that bingo bkgd! i know he loved this:)

    hope you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete