Wednesday, August 22, 2012

An Altered Y "Thank You" Card

My boss mentioned to me yesterday that he needed to send a "thank you" card to someone, so I told him that I would alter one of the old Y cards for him and bring it to work, today. I had been thinking that I should make other kinds of cards!

This is the card I made last night. It uses many of the same elements as my "condolence cards," but is cheery and not too fancy-shmancy for a man to send. The little flowers are adhesive-backed and were the last elements I added to the card. I decided that I didn't like the "floating in air" look of 'em, so I used a journaling pen and drew some stems and leaves. Not bad. Not bad, at all.

And, Ken really LIKED it! (Plus, he sent another of my "condolence cards," today.) I am adding a few embellishments from my stash to my latest cards, but they are still simple and inexpensive to make. At some point, I may request some kind of recompense for my card making -- some supplies or a new tool, perhaps, but for now I am just happy to be paid with a big smile and a compliment. (grin)


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Fabulous, Deb! Love the flowers, and I think your hand-drawn stems and leaves were the perfect touch! Ken is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I still love that top note die! so many things can be done with it. I really like how you used it here. Those flowers look great with the hand drawn stems and leaves :)
    You are doing such a wonderful job altering these cards! I agree with Audrey, Ken is lucky to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaawwww...you ladies are just TOO sweet ~

    ReplyDelete