Saturday, October 15, 2011

A QUICK BIRTHDAY CARD

Last Thursday (2 days ago) was my LAST day as a Family Childcare Provider!! I am retired!!!

And, TODAY, the director of a small preschool came by to "shop" my equipment and learning resources!! Of course, I only made pennies on the dollar of what it all COST me, but she purchased nearly $300 worth of materials and I saw it all headin' down the road in the back of a pickup truck!! WOO HOOO!!!

But, because I have been working like a CRAZY WOMAN to get stuff UP out of my basement and prepped for sale, I failed to make a birthday card for my sweet granddaughter, who just turned six. Ugh. Her party was today at 7:00 p.m. and I completed her card at 6:30!!! Waaaay too much stress!!

I took as many shortcuts as I could conceive, yet STILL give Abigail's card a SPECIAL look. I used a pre-made red with white polka-dots card base, which saved three steps -- measuring, cutting, and folding.

I used a yellow rolled rose that I'd made a few weeks ago and used a Martha Stewart punch to get some green foliage to frame it. Funny, I just realized that I used 3 different companies' paper punches/dies for the layered "6" embellie. I used a Fiskars circle punch; an EK Success tag punch, and a PTI numeral "6" die. The banner was cut by hand -- just stamped musical bars with yellow ink on a scrap of white card stock and cut it into a banner strip.

The checked & dotted paper strip was cut from a lovely sheet of striped "girls' paperie" paper and the name panel was made with PrintMaster software and punched with a S.U.! oval punch.

For a card that was made in Panic Mode, it turned out okay -- and sweet Abigail was PLEASED with it. That's what matters!!

2 comments:

  1. deb, this is just darling! doesn't look like a panic mode card at all! LOVE your sweet flower and the layered "6" embellishment:) hope abigail had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I can see why Abigail was pleased, it is a sweet card! love the colors you chose, it all worked well and you didn't spend all day on it :)
    Still find it hard that you have retired. But I am glad for you :)

    ReplyDelete