Monday, October 10, 2011

INSIDE my Daughter's Birthday card

I recently ordered and received a CD from Crafty Secrets labeled, "Creating with Vintage." I used two of the files for the inside of Moriah's card -- a vintage recipe card -- and a pretty patterned paper which I BARELY revealed along the edges of the recipe card and FEATURED along the bottom-edge of the recipe card. (I wanted just a HINT of color and pattern beyond the recipe card, you see. :)

This first photo is of the inside BEFORE Jer signed it.


As I've mentioned before, it is TREACHEROUS territory, allowing Jer to sign ANY handmade card!! But, after all, Moriah is HIS daughter, too! Soooo, with fear and trembling, I gave him the journaling pen and stepped into the next room, lest he accuse me of "hovering and making him nervous."

And, THIS is the card AFTER Jer signed it with his USUAL sentimentality and sensitivity. (Moriah chuckled, rolled her eyes, and with tongue-in-cheek, told her dad how much she LOVED the things he writes in cards.)


Ah me...and here is another look at the card front:


And, here is a photo of Moriah with her precious Morilee, taken a couple of months ago (by moi!) while waiting for Morilee's FIRST haircut! Such LOVELY girls!!

2 comments:

  1. your girls are adorable, deb! love the vintage feel you gave this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Moriah's birthday card did turn out nice!! love the vintage style. I had to chuckle when I read what Jer wrote in the card :) and I love the photo!

    ReplyDelete