Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pretty In Pink BRIDAL SHOWER Card

There's an upcoming wedding in our family and a bridal shower next week! The bride's mother informed me that the wedding colors are pastel and bright pink (and white, of course). Soooo, I used those colors on the card that will accompany our gift to the couple.

I really like the dp that I layered over the card base! It's from "The Sweet Stack" by DCWV. Atop that, I made a layered focal "stack" of my own using PTI's "Mega Mat Stack 1" die, MFT's "Dainty Doily" die, and PTI's "Limitless Layers" 2 1/2 inch and 1 3/4 inch dies. A Sizzix die & emboss folder cut the leaves, and I secured a rolled paper rose to a crinkle ribbon bow. Tucked-in among the paper layers is a section of twisted white glitter wire, but it doesn't show much in the photo.

I made use of some S.U.! supplies, stamping "Best Wishes" and punching two sizes of ovals.

As seems to be my custom lately, I am sending a photo of the front BEFORE completing the inside. I think it's because I can't WAIT to get something posted on my lil blog! I mean, I want to keep BOTH of my followers HAPPY, don't I? HAHAHA!! (I really DO appreciate you ladies -- honestly. :)

I haven't decided if I should add three half-pearls -- two on the left side of the sentiment oval -- and one on the right side. Hmmm...Maybe, one of you ladies has an opinion. Do share!

And, here's my Pretty Pink Bridal Shower Card:

4 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you Deb the sweet stack paper is pretty. Your card has turned out lovely. About the half pearls. If you wanted and I am not sure how big/small they are. You could place one on each side of the sentiment right onto the oval. Just temporary see if you like that look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, its beatiful, deb! i'm glad i clicked it to see the larger file of it--it shimmers all over! love the ribbon and sweet rose, and i do think the pearl idea would enhance the card perfectly:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i just saw the email subscriber, now i'll get to your posts in a timely manner:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ladies!! I'm HAPPY that you like the card!

    If I have tiny pearls in my supplies, I will add one to each end of the sentiment oval.

    Donna walked me through setting up the subscriber -- thank you, friend!!

    I'm excited that you want email updates, Lynn! So sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete