Monday, September 5, 2011

Early Autumn Birthday Card

Next week is my sister's birthday, so I whipped up a card for her.

The base is a pre-printed card, which had manufacturer's info. on the bottom edge that I cut off and replaced with a bit of torn, brown cardstock.

Using my newly arrived PTI Mega Mat Stack 1 die (LOVE IT!), I cut some orange cardstock and embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder, before edging it with Crumb Cake ink by S.U.

After swiping white paint on a segment of corrugated cardboard, I cross-wrapped and bow-tied it with suede colored "Ticker Tape," purchased at Hobby Lobby in the Yarn department. A Sizzix Embosslit was used twice to die-cut the brown cardstock leaves. And, the rolled rose was hand-cut from kraft "music note" paper by Paper Studio.

I think my sis will like her card! It has nice design elements, yet doesn't seem overly embellished and intended to WOW her with my skills. (I want to PLEASE her, not IMPRESS her, ya know?)

Hope I'm NOT ALONE in liking it! (grin)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Deb I really like your flower it turned out great!and I really like the leaves that you have with it.I think you have done an awesome job on your sister's birthday card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely card! I love the bloom! And the mix of textures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm loving your card, deb! the cardboard and embossing adds so much texture, and then, there's the rose-so sweet!

    i have your blog on my side bar, and cannot get blogger to update it! i'd love it to work, then, i see your new posts as soon as you post them. tech. is good, when its works:)

    ReplyDelete