Friday, June 3, 2011

WHIMSICAL BIRTHDAY CARD FOR MY SIL

My son-in-law, Chad, owns some Fed Ex routes and trucks, so I thought it might be FUN to incorporate a Fed Ex theme in last year's birthday card. Since I am just NOW getting into this "blogging thing," this is a VERY late post, but the photos haven't aged, AT ALL. Ha!

The card was made to resemble a file folder, with just a small strip of the folder used on the card front as a base on which to adhere "legal pad" paper layered over red card stock. I scribble-sketched a calendar and circled his birth date, drew a portion of a "fragile" box, and stamped a checklist of TO DO errands and chores. The "Make a run" text and truck were created with my PrintMaster software.

I composed a little ditty for the inside of the card and added confetti graphics from PC Crafters. The card back was given a lil whimsical touch, too.

The card was over-sized, so I made an envelope, which ALSO received a touch of my humor.

 

It was a BLAST to make Chad's card & envie -- and he liked the results! Now, what to make THIS year?!!

1 comment:

  1. it card is so clever and fun, deb:) love it! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete